The final walk-through of the property you are set to purchase is your last chance to confirm that all agreed-to repairs are complete and that nothing has materially changed since your home inspection.
The final walk-through happens shortly before closing. It will likely take you and your
agent an hour or less to complete. Also, be sure to bring a copy of your home inspection
and final purchase agreement so you know which specific repairs to review.
Here is a list of what to look for when doing the final walk-through:
1. Ensure agreed-to repairs have been made.
2. Check that all appliances and fixtures to be included in the home purchase
3. Ensure no trash or unwanted items left by the seller are present.
4. Check for the presence of mold or standing water in all the rooms, including
the bathrooms, the kitchen, near the water heater and the laundry room.
5. Test all of the home’s systems, including the heater, air conditioner, appliances,
garage door and doorbell.
6. Check the outlets by bringing along your cellphone charger.
7. Walk around the exterior of the home to ensure the landscaping is intact and no
exterior damage has occurred.
Finally, don’t hesitate to ask questions! I will be there at the final walk-through to provide answers and help you if issues arise.
Are you thinking about selling, or just curious about the value of your home? Call me today for a free home value estimate.
Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage
480.797.4884 / 619.250.6214
I am licensed in California and Arizona and we have offices around the country.
California Bureau of Real Estate Lic. # 01222569
Arizona Department of Real Estate Lic. # BR550696000
“Equal Housing Opportunity”